Saturday, April 19, 2008

My Last Pope Entry














In case some of you found my previous entry about the Pope a little too snarky please let me explain: while I'm not religious, I'm not one of those people who mocks those who are. In many ways, I envy the faithful since they seem to be truly happy people. I just have some problems with organized religion and how it's practiced and exploited by so many people today.


However, I should add that I had the privilege of seeing this Pope give his usual Sunday blessing from his window at the Vatican in 2005. He has a beautiful speaking voice and it was a truly uplifting moment. It's a memory I'll always cherish. My brother, who's a great photographer, took the photo of the event that you see here, as well as these other postcard-perfect pictures of the Vatican. We even went all the way to the top of St. Peter's Basilica. It was gorgeous.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil, intelligent, and expletive-free. Otherwise, opine away.