Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wacky New Yorkers

So I'm walking home from the gym yesterday afternoon and pass two ladies talking when I hear one of them say to the other, "I orgasm when ..."

Very proud of the fact that I did not allow my head to turn or slow my gait to hear the remainder of that sentence. Needless to say, being a man, I'll always be curious as to what it was (besides the obvious). I just marveled that anyone would say something like that on a crowded street but New Yorkers are truly bold. Wacky even.

Oh, but it gets wackier. An hour or so later my lady and I are driving down a street when we pass a church. All the dressed-up people on the street and a couple of white stretch limos made it clear that a wedding had just taken place. And where was the bride? In the street! She was running from car to car, asking the drivers to roll down their windows, so that she could get and gives total strangers kisses. She clearly was so happy she wanted to share the joy!

My lady, being a mench, powered down the windows and I obliged the lady. She thanked me, we congratulated her, and on she went. The wacky scene was made even wackier by the sight of her exasperated photographer trying to take pictures of this while dodging traffic. I hope he gets a bonus from that.

Yes, there are some wacky New Yorkers out there and thank god for them. Makes me happier than ever that I live here, where free spirits feel free to be free.

Definition of Wacky

2 comments:

Please keep it civil, intelligent, and expletive-free. Otherwise, opine away.