Sunday, September 27, 2009

Democratic Primary Run-off Endorsements

Not that anyone really cares (besides political junkies like myself) but this Tuesday is the Democratic primary run-off election for Public Advocate and Comptroller. The top two vote-getters in the September 15 primary will learn their fate this coming Tuesday, September 29. Considering how low the turn out is expected to be, anyone who votes will have a great deal of impact. Thus, any pseudo-media outlet that endorses in these races might have a considerable impact. And so here they are, Mr NYC's primary run-off endorsements:

Public Advocate: Mark Green. The guy I endorsed for the primary, Eric Goia, lost and it's come down to either City Councilman Bill De Blasio or former Public Advocate Mark Green. I really didn't know who to endorse but I'm going with Mark Green for the following reasons: 1) He's held the job before and proved to be good at it. 2) Despite his less than charming personality, he's clearly a dedicated public servant. And considering that Mayor Bloomberg is going to be a third-term mayor, it's important that we have someone who has the chutzpah to stand up to him (plus Bloomberg doesn't like Green since they ran against each other in 2001 and Green being back in government would drive Bloomberg crazy -- that's reason enough to vote for Green). 3) I've seen De Blasio on TV a bunch of times and there's something slippery and cynical about him. I don't get the feeling that he's always 100% honest. Green, on the other hand, seems honest to a fault. So I say, pull the lever for him.

Comptroller: I endorsed John Liu in the primary and he actually came in first! Obviously I'm going to endorse him again or else look like a moron. So vote for my man John Liu and help make him the first city-wide elected Asian-American in NYC history. And make Mr NYC, a pseudo-media personality, into a political pseudo-kingmaker! (What, you thought I wasn't going to make this about me? What do you think this blog is about?)

Good luck to Messieurs Green and Liu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil, intelligent, and expletive-free. Otherwise, opine away.