Tuesday, March 27, 2007

And so ... here we go again

Well ... not really, that's just me ripping off Hunter S. Thompson. I've decided to start this blog since blogs - like the light bulb, telephone and electric eyebrow-tweezer - have transmogrified from a luxury into a necessity. In order to make even the slightest blip in the white noise of present-day Americana, one must blog or perish.

This blog will try to limit the narcissism-factor and be more about my external world than my internal life. I strongly doubt even my family or dearest beloved wants to read about my daily agita. Instead, this electronic diary will be about all things New York City. What's going on here, what's in the news, and what I've seen on our rapidly Disney-fying streets. I will only insert myself when relevant to the plot, otherwise my presence will be that of an amused observing narrator (think Nick Carraway or Henry Hill).

That, dear readers, that focus on all things New York, will be the thrust of this blog. Come here and learn more about the great city from this native's unique POV. Now, where shall we begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil, intelligent, and expletive-free. Otherwise, opine away.