Thursday, April 24, 2008

Brittania Rules

Greetings from London. I'm five hours ahead of you. I promised that I would blog from England if I could and I'm a man of my word (although this British keyboard is a female dog). I hope you're all well and keeping an eye on NYC for me. I'm writing to you from the lobby of the Grosvernor House hotel where we're staying (or, for those of you who've seen the movie, the Sexy Beast hotel). It's a lovely, lovely place and this afternoon we had High Tea here where I had the best scones I've ever ate (American scones are lousy -- too big, too dense, too tough; these were small, warm, and fluffy. But enough about the food.)
I've been to London about seven times so I've seen most of the big sights several times already. However, thus far, we've seen Windsor Castle, the Imperial War Museum, the Victoria and Albert Museum, and the British Museum (where we saw the Elgin Marbles and Rosetta Stone). We also went to Harrods and although I didn't buy anything (I mean, I want to keep some of my life savings), we walked around it's amazing food court and also saw the most bizarre, weird thing ever: the Dodi and Diana Memorial. I took pictures of it and will upload them to here if and when I can.
The weather for our Windsor Castle day was perfect but yesterday and today the weather has been quitessentially British: lovely and sunny one minute, rainy and nasty the next. Gotta love this country.
Tomorrow we're off for Paris on the Eurostar and I'll try to blog again there if I can. Otherwise, when I'm back, I'll give you all a more complete roundup of this trip.
Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil, intelligent, and expletive-free. Otherwise, opine away.