Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Classic Mr NYC

This week the Village Voice came out with its Best of NYC (it seems like all the newspapers and magazines in this town are always doing "best of" the city things and quite frankly it gets overwhelming! With all these different best of lists, how do we know what's really THE best of the best? Gets confusing).

But I digress.

The Voice's Best Ensemble Improv Comedy Ensemble this year goes to Elephant Larry, the wacky sketch comedy group that this spring did a brilliant show based entirely on the shlocky 1997 movie Con Air. I saw the show and it was hi-larious (I also saw the movie and it was hilarious too but I laughed at it, not with it, which I'm sure wasn't the filmakers' intention).

Anyway, I did a short interview with one of the members of Elephant Larry in April and he told me all about their particular brand of comedy and how they've survived in NYC. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil, intelligent, and expletive-free. Otherwise, opine away.