Thursday, July 26, 2018

Curtis Sliwa Stalks My World

NYC is a city of 8.5+ million people so it unusual to run into the same person, either on the street or elsewhere, multiple times. 

Any yet, for reasons that dumbfound me, I've encountered Guardian Angels founder/radio host/TV commentator/NYC character extraordinaire Curtis Sliwa more times than I can remember.

The first time I do remember: it was back in the mid-1990s, I was walking down 8th Avenue, and he walked right by me. Then I saw him in the subways a few times with his Guardian Angel compatriots.

Lately, he's been popping up in the most odd places. 

Last year, taking the LIRR, he walked into my car, looking exhausted. Then I saw him at the Douglaston-Little Neck parade where he marched (he does this every year). And then, just last week, I was in Penn Station and saw him at McDonalds.

I've seen Curtis Sliwa more than any other random New Yorker I can name. I don't see him every day but it's weird that he's just around ... here and there, popping up ... He's ubiquitous.

So yes, Curtis Sliwa (sorta) stalks my world.

And if you're reading this ... Hi Curtis! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil, intelligent, and expletive-free. Otherwise, opine away.