Thursday, October 18, 2018

Music Mavens

In the classic NYC movie Moonstruck, Nicholas Cage declares "I love two things: I love you and I love opera."

Well, to paraphrase, I love many things, including two things: the music of Lou Reed and opera.

So it was great to read about two New Yorker the behind the music that I and so many people love.

One is an interview with Marsha Vlasic, a traiblazing music agent who represented many great artists including Lou Reed.

Another is the obituary of Alfred Hubay who ran the box office for the Metropolitan Opera and was responsible for tracking which operas would hit, which wouldn't, and basically kept the most famous opera house in the world afloat for decades. 

Without music mavens like this, the business geniuses supporting the musical geniuses, we wouldn't get to enjoy the wonderful music we love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil, intelligent, and expletive-free. Otherwise, opine away.