Friday, December 31, 2021

Programming Note

I just discovered some Woody Allen-related posts that I wrote many years ago in the drafts section of my blog so I reposted them. That's while you'll see them below.

I had "un-published" them when that documentary came out earlier in the year because I didn't want trolls to attack them -- or me. But now, after a little time has passed, I've decided to re-publish them because hopefully tempers have cooled. 

Or not. We're living in very hot tempered times. 

I know, we're all supposed to hate Woody Allen now, he's considered a menace to society, and his once highly acclaimed movies are undergoing a cultural revisionism where now we're supposed to hate them as much as him. But if you're capable of thinking your own thoughts perhaps you can read and appreciate them no matter what you think of the man. 

Or not. These days we're not supposed to separate the art from the artist because, well, apparently some people think a human being and a work of art are the same thing or haven't matured beyond the age of seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil, intelligent, and expletive-free. Otherwise, opine away.