Saturday, January 12, 2008

Public Terlets!!!

Oh, what a day! What a time to be alive! I'm so very excited - I never thought that in my 30+ years of living in NYC that I'd ever see public pay toilets in our fair city (or "terlets" as my Brooklyn ancestors would say).
Now people don't have to hustle into the facilities at Starbucks and Barnes and Nobles and MacDonald's or buy a drink at a restaurant (in order to be a paying customer who may use the restroom). No. For only 25 cents, you may now legally relieve yourself on city property.

This has been long, long, long, long, long, long (you get the idea) overdue. This article from yesterday's Times compares the new public toilets to the bridge on the Starship Enterprise. The first of these public toilets (they will be rolled out across the city in the next year or so) is located in the most beautiful public space in the city, Madison Square Park. I can't think of a more lovely place to go to the bathroom in.

Greetings, Earthlings. Your New Restroom Is Ready

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil, intelligent, and expletive-free. Otherwise, opine away.