Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back in the New York Groove

Wha? Huh? Where am I? Oh yeah, this is ... New York, New York City ... right?

At the moment my head is spinning 'round and 'round, and I feel like one big mega-relaxed blob. It's been a while since I've been this serene and calm and re-entering reality is taking some time. All of my tension and stress has dissipated and I ain't eager for it to return.

I've spent the last week swimming, reading, eating, sleeping, swimming, eating, sleeping, reading, swimming, sleeping ... egads it was great! The week was totally media-free and I can't explain how relaxing and pleasant it was. Not that I didn't miss the ol' blog but it's good to get away from the white noise of American society and just ... chill. I mean really chill. And chilled I am.

That said, Zen from Debonair Debacles was inspired by my 1994 nostalgia entry from a couple of weeks ago and wrote a great post about her own memories of that odd yet strangely memorable year. You should definitely read it since she knows so much more about the music of that year than I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil, intelligent, and expletive-free. Otherwise, opine away.