Sunday, February 21, 2010

Clover Club

Recently some friends and I went to Clover Club in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn. It's an old-fashioned cocktail lounge right in the middle of a residential neighborhood and, I must say, a real find.

With an extensive menu, you can get just about any kind of drink you want. There are regular cocktails, wine, champagne, and beer as well as more exotic things like fizzes, Royales, and "Buck and Mules." I had an absolutely delicious cocktail called an Autumn Tryst which was made up of Cognac, pear brandy, and some other liqueurs. My wife had an Eastern Fizz which is made of Bourbon, orange, bitters, and soda. My friends had some drinks I can't remember the name of but they too were really good.

Best of all, they have some reasonably priced and very tasty Savory Bites. We ordered the Crostini (a goat cheese spread on bread, very good) and the Sweet Potato Frites (awesome!) and they went perfectly with our drinks.

The decor is very classy and the service is good and friendly. It is very dark inside but that's typical of most of these kinds of places. However, I really liked it and hope to go back soon. If you ever find yourself in this hip part of Brooklyn and want some good drinks, Clover Club is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil, intelligent, and expletive-free. Otherwise, opine away.