Thursday, April 5, 2018

The Real Housewives of NYC@10

Okay, it's starting to get to the point where, the more I do this blog, the older I feel. (Perhaps I should retire but that's for another time.)

Two weeks ago I wrote about the end of the eight-season TV show Portlandia -- and how I had blogged about it even before it premiered.

Next up, and even more appropriately: The Real Housewives of New York City

This show about a bunch of rich, blithering yentas is now one decade old -- and yes, I blogged about it at the time it premiered, back in 2008.

It has, for whatever reason, become the most popular and -- gasp! -- respected of the "Real Housewives" series. I don't know if its the characters or the NYC setting that's made it so perennial but it's endured, despite of its awfulness. 

I haven't seen it in years and the cast has changed many times over so I'm not an expect on these catty ladies' latest machinations but ... here's to the "Real Housewives of NYC!". In this era of Trump grotesqueness, this show is, after ten years, more relevant than ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil, intelligent, and expletive-free. Otherwise, opine away.