Monday, August 6, 2018

Hello, Bulgaria

Every day I check my audience stats to see where in the world Mr NYC is being read: the bulk of the readership, no surprise, comes from the US but we also get a healthy dose of clicks from the UK, Russia, Germany, France, even China. 

But every day, almost without fail, Mr NYC gets at least two clicks a day from Bulgaria. The readership from other countries comes and goes, ebbs and flows, rises and falls, but someone (or someones) from Bulgaria is (or are) reading this here blog every single day.

I'm quite flattered. 

To my Bulgarian fan (or fans) I thank you and would love if you left some comments to tell me what you, in Bulgaria, think about this blog and NYC. Here's what I know about Bulgaria: my mom went there on a trip several years ago, told me it was beautiful, and took pictures of some of the most colorful and interesting architecture I've ever seen.

Also, my favorite bar used to be Mehanata 416 BC, otherwise known as the Bulgarian TV Studio Bar, that used to be located on the corner of Canal Street and Broadway. It was a cramped, dirty, funky dive that was unmarked and on the second floor of a ramshackle building. It had a sexy vibe and played Bulgarian TV shows on giant screens, and it even had belly dancers (the bar's motto was "Helping Ugly People have sex since 416 BC"). Sadly, in became a cliche of NYC gentrification and was evicted in favor of constructing a Ramada Inn. The bar relocated to the Lower East Side and became another Yuppie hang out. But it remains my favorite bar in NYC ever. 

Anyway, thanks for reading Bulgaria. You rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil, intelligent, and expletive-free. Otherwise, opine away.